Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jinxed

The reason for not writing in a considerable about of time started off due to forgetfulness. Then I remembered that I should probably write something, but I didn't because I was afraid I would jinx the Yanks (lame I know, but I don't care...they were on a hot streak and I was convinced that if I wrote in here, I would jinx them...train of thought comes from playing softball since I was 4 years old, don't judge me). Then, it turned into forgetfulness again followed by me going on vacation, picking up overtime at work, and then eventually spraining my ankle.

Yada yada yada...here I am.

Some thoughts since I last wrote:


  • I went to my last Yankee game at the Stadium on July 19th. Good guys won over the A's 4-3 in extra innings. It was AWESOME. First time I got to see Joba pitch in person as well, so that was exciting. Got to see Jorge (it was his last game before his trip to the DL...), didn't see him back in May because he was on the DL, Arod too. All in all, it was very fun. A good note to end on. Not to mention, I haven't seen the Yankees lose in person in over 3 years. I'm still trying to convince them that they need to pay me to be at every game. If you have connections pass that message along. I have witnesses to back me up. True story.

  • I really like the Nady and Marte deal. With Matsui and Posada out, we definitely needed another bat. Nady was a good pick up--he hits for average and can drive in some runs. We needed a lefty in the bullpen and Marte was an awesome choice.
  • I would like to say that I am an optimist. Not only that, but I understand that the baseball season is a marathon, not a sprint. With that being said, it's hard for me to remain optimistic while I see them losing to the Sox 11-3 today. I'm not going to be pessimistic by any means, because while the season is coming to a rapid end, I still feel like calling the Yanks done is somewhat premature. However, to say that they're going to make the playoffs seems almost ignorant. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but they are causing my anger level to sky rocket.

Reading through my previous posts, I realized I still need to write about Bobby Murcer and share my Least Liked List (which is actually called my "Shit List", but I'm trying to be somewhat classy...there goes that though.).

No comments: